In search of movement with Paula Bastiaansen
21, 22 and 23 September 2018
A workshop in search of movement, rhythm, the absence of gravity, fragility and transparency. Paula Bastiaansen will show you the use of porcelain so light that this body will become almost immaterial.
– Conference and presentation of slides.
– Demonstration of the working method.
– Designing an object starting from a drawing.
– Preparation and coloring of porcelain.
– Preparation of extremely thin porcelain layers.
– Cutting of the shapes and construction starting from the drawing.
– Use of inlay and stoneware support in construction.
– Drying and firing.
The 20-hour workshop lasts from 9.00 to 17.00 on Friday and Saturday and from 9.00 to 16.00 on Sunday.