The Pearl, from the beginning to the end
22, 23 and 24 june 2018
A complex and complete course to make the artist independent of creating large and small series of pearls for jewelery in various shapes, sizes and decorations. Making of molds, testing of slip and body porcelain, firing and decoration.
The italian mold expert Florio Bedeschi will be in charge of the first part of the course for the execution of small molds for pearls of different shapes and sizes.
A second part related to the use of the mold with slip and body porcelain, to the firing and decoration, will be with Martha Pachón Rodríguez.
– Fully practical lessons with both teachers.
– Preparation of the necessary materials for the construction of the mold.
– Preparation of the plaster and its use in the making of the mold, preservation of the mold.
– Use of slip and body porcelain with the plaster molds.
– Methods of pearl decoration.
– How to apply on molds, dry and fire avoiding deformations.
– The pieces will be finished, decorated and fired.
Teachers: Martha Pachon and Florio Bedeschi
Languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish