Full immersion in color
03 and 04 September 2018
From Jasper to Nerikomi in porcelain in two days
One of the finest qualities of porcelain is its sensuality to the touch, plus the surface can be enriched with vibrant colors or sharp contrasts of black and white. There are ancient and complex techniques of the “Neriage”family which, in a modern way, allow you to express yourself through many aesthetic solutions, from a jewel, avessel, a sculpture, an object, or a complex installation. It will be the very intense and rich post-Argillà course,among the techniques dealt with: the Jasper, the Rainbow or Scala, the Zebra, the Nerikomi and the Mosaico with composite tiles.
– Preparation of colored porcelain bodies, recipes and percentages and how to avoid the melting or deforming
– Use of color both into the body and slip porcelain, tricks.
– Preparation of shapes, cuts, joints, lines, drawings and compositions for all possible ancient Asian techniques
revisited in contemporary way with modern and practical use.
– Agate, Jasper, Mishima, Mosaic, Rainbow, Scala, Zebra and Nerikomi techniques.
– Cleaning and tricks to avoid color contamination, air bubbles, deformations or cracks.
– Preparation of colored slip porcelain and use.
– Conformations with net black and white avoiding contaminations of one color with another.
– With the use of the mold and without, application of the techniques learned.
– How to install the colored pieces inside the kiln avoiding the attachment of the pieces or accidents.
– Types of firing, low and high, firing curves for pieces built by colored mix techniques.
– Finishes and corrections before firing, after first firing and even after the last high temperature firing.
– Recipes and possibility of restoration of broken pieces.
Teacher: Martha Pachon
Languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish