Jewelry in porcelain, Jasper technique
5 - 6 May 2018
The suggestive technique of Jasper has an important role in the creative processes for those who want to produce objects that are pleasant to the touch, and with a beautiful and vibrant for the perception of color. A complex technique that requires only accuracy in the process and the desire to create designs using color. To make the most of the potential of this technique, the students will perform different exercises to get to know their fragility, strength and refinement applied to the jewels. The whole process and derivations can be applied beyond, in furnishing objects, sculptures, small series of utilitarian or decorative objects.
– Totally practical lessons with a theoretical chapter dedicated to the artists who used ceramics to create jewels.
– Preparation of colored slip and body porcelain, recipe and percentages.
Creation of organic, geometric or abstract motifs directly on the body porcelain through:
– Jasper decomposition methods.
– Methods of construction with small tiles, use of colored slip.
– How to apply on jewelry molds avoiding cracks and deformations.
– Finishing and corrections after biscuit firing.
– Methods of positioning of the pieces for high firing. Special features to avoid deformation and breakage.
– Finishing and corrections after last firing.
– Design for jewelry composition.
Teacher: Martha Pachon